Finnley's guess date was on November 18th but she decided to come on December 2nd. She came exactly two weeks late. That day the nurse midwives decided to induce me but she decided to come on her own, eight hours earlier. I tried everything to induce her earlier. I ran around the block, and even eat a pizza (It is suppose to induce labor). After having a talk with her and going to the acupuncturist, she decided to come. The day before she was born was Saturday. I wrapped Christmas gifts all day and decided to take it easy. At about 6:00 pm I was walking down the stairs and I noticed that it was a little wet on my leg. I asked Eric what he thought it was and he said it looks like your water broke but we still didn't know. We even called Amanda to see what she thought. Birthing waves were not that far apart so I proceeded to go on with my day. I wrapped more gifts, set up Christmas decorations, took a shower, cleaned the house, went to the store, and went to Cafe Rio and got a salad. The Birthing waves were getting pretty close so about 10:00 pm I told Eric we probably should go to the hospital. He warmed up the car and loaded me in. We got to the hospital and the birthing waves were pretty strong but I was only dilated to a 6. I pulled out three IV's and pulled off the monitors a few times. .By the time the midwife got to the hospital I was ready to push (two hours later). No one caught her because Eric and the midwife were switching places. I was using a birthing bar so I was on the bed and she just landed on the bed. She came into this world at 12:45 am and free as a bird. Eric was the one who announced that it was a girl (we didn't find out what we were having). She was placed on my chest for about an hour and we connected right then and there. She was a healthy little girl of 9 lbs. 20.5 inches long. She came via Vbac. I was so happy that she was healthy and happy. It was love at first site. I don't go a day without thanking the Lord for this beautiful blessing.
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Finnley's Birthday Story
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
I love that she just landed on the bed. Haha. Wish I could have been there with you to witness little Finnley's birth, but I am so glad it was so smooth and fast! I must meet her soon!
What a great story! She is soooo adorable!
Post a Comment