Eric and I wanted a fixer upper and we got one. Our sink is downstairs, the refrigerator is in the garage, and the stove is in the living room (obviously not being used). We haven't had a kitchen for 2 months. Now let me tell you, I was okay with it in the beginning. Because we barbecued some excellent food and we went out to eat. But now it is getting colder and I am getting lots of canning items and it is frankly getting annoying. The problem is I would like to can all of these lovely fruit and vegetables that I have gotten this summer. But I can't because I have no kitchen. So how do you can with no kitchen? Any ideas?
Sunday, October 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Um, you drag it all to my house and can with me? I did pickles a few weeks ago, apples and tomatoes this week.
I was looking at your Ladies Night pictures on FB when you commented on my blog. We were thinking of each other at the same time. Tender.
Seeing you in the pics made me miss you Tag! (Even tho you look WAY shorter than I remember. Haha)
We would SO LOVE for you guys to come visit! It's your turn, you know. :)
My parents do the majority of their canning outside on their camp chef stove. For them it keeps the heat out of their house and some of the mess. Look into it, just a thought!
You could always dehydrate the fruit! Or call the closest friend, I am sure they would be glad to help if you offer to share a little. :)
I wish we were neighbors, cuz I didn't get enough tomatoes to can this summer! so bummed! I would totally help you can your tomatoes in exchange for some :)
Post a Comment