Eric and I have had this trip planned for about a year. We were planning on going on a cruise but it fell through so we decided to go anyway. I read in a magazine somewhere that you need to go on a trip with no plans. So Eric and I headed off to a foreign land with no plans. We did rent a car, bought a map and stayed in a few nice hotels(Thanks to Zach and McKinsie) . This was one of the most beautiful places in the world that I have been to and everyone needs to try a trip like this.
NEW YORKWe had a lay over in New York for the night. So we went to our favorite Italian Restaurant Carmicals. Yes, that is a meal for one.
We had a fabulous night downtown.
I was excited about some of the local animals in this big city.
SPAIN
You'll have to zoom in to appreciate the loads of architecture and sculpture. See anything familiar :)Here we are in Barcelona.
Roaming the streets of Barcelona.
Eric and I fell upon this market. The colors were amazing. They had everything you could imagine.
Fruit and Candy. Yum :}
There was an artist named Gaudi. He designed this community of homes that have beautiful architecture. No one bought them though because it is set up on a hill and no wanted to walk that far. So it is now a park. It is amazing.The entrance of the community.
Some of the beautiful mosaics on the ceiling.
This is a walkway that is suppose to look like waves.
This is our little car that we drove around on our little adventure. Notice how wide the street is.
We decided that we wanted to drive the crazy roads of Spain. The road remained me of highway 1. The views were so beautiful.
We found this nice little town tucked in the mountains along the coast. We decided to stay the night. It reminded me of a Mediterranean village you would see in the movies. I loved it here because not very many people spoke English. They either spoke French or Spanish.
The town of Cadaques. This is a place I would to come back to and stay a little while longer.
This is why we love to come to Europe. The food!!
FRANCECarcassonne
This is the castle that is in the movie Robin Hood (With Kevin Costner).
Eric and I enjoyed the shops in Carcassonne.
This was by far the biggest castle that I have ever seen. I would have to say the castles in Czech Republic are a little cooler.
But it was fun exploring this huge castle.
Eric and I had jet lag so bad we got up early and this was the amazing sunrise that we saw.
Pont Du GardThese pictures don't even give this place justice. It was one of the most unbelievable places I have been too. I would have to say that this was my favorite place. Maybe because we were there at 7 in the morning and no one except for locals were there.
Every little town that we went to in France had a castle and a church in it. I was very impressed by France. I always heard that the people were rude and it wasn't worth going there. But after spending a few days there. I might pack my bags and live there. The food was amazing, the weather was nice, the people were pleasant and it seemed very family oriented.
The rest of the trip was spent enjoying the food and beaches. Overall, we had a great time seeing the scenery of Spain and France. The drive we went on was a must see and I would recommend it for all.
Saturday, September 4, 2010
France and Spain
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Tagen, it looks like a blast. You look darling. You guys are always going to the most fun places. So fun to keep up with all your up to.
Yay!! pictures! I think France is nice, as long as you go to the right places :) It looks like you had a blast.
I am so jealous! I have always wanted to go to Spain! You guys have so much fun. I love it. When Joe finally takes me, you will have to fill us in on where to go.
And Tag - why do you look so tan??? ;)
Wow! That is so awesome. I have a dream of going to France and Italy some day. Maybe when my boys are all grown up and out of the house, but some day I will. Thanks for sharing so many amazing places.
Post a Comment