Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Utah here we come

For those of you who do not know, as soon as Eric is done with school we are moving to Utah. We have really enjoyed living in California, but Utah seems to be calling us back. Eric will be starting up his own practice with Jon Cheney. We will miss California and all of the friends we have made here.
Eric and I have composed the top ten reasons why we will miss California and the top ten reasons why we are excited to move back to Utah.

California 

1-Our ward- In California - the wards are more like families. 
2-The ocean

3-I love my job
4-Many different food options(Mexican, German, Thai, and much more)
5-The Getto (Eric was waiting for the ATM behind the owner of this cart and couldn't help but comment: "Wow, you've got yourself a nice couch there.")
6- Nice Weather - always a nice day for a hike
7- Trader Joe's - we never have to check their labels for stuff we don't want in our food.
8- In-N-Out- Cheeseburger animal style, with well done fries and a Neapolitan shake once a month. 
9- Half Moon Bay
10- We've made some great friends out here regardless of race or religious preference. 

Utah 

1-Closer to family and friends
2-Nielsen's frozen custard 
3-Robintino's pizza
4-Snow=skiing and snowboarding 

5-More affordable living 
6-Mountains
7- 4 Seasons- Instead of green and brown
8- University of Utah games

9- Dollar Theater
10- Our favorite national parks


16 comments:

Soda Springs Idaho Home For Sale said...

I love California, its my fav. place to vacation. We loved going to San Fran. At least St. George has an In-N-Out, so whenever you're down that way you can grab one - that's become another great reason to visit Grandma and Grandpa McEntire.

Clayton & Kayley Anderson said...

I know what you mean about missing the ocean! I've never lived close to it, but I plan to eventually. I think it would be cool to walk on the beach whenever I feel like it. :)

Mike-Jami-Bridger-Foster said...

Yeah we're pretty darn excited you guys are coming back to Utah! Especially when sweet little baby Pat arrives it will be the best for Bridge and Foster to have a cousin to play with.I loved your ghetto stories you had while you were there, and I'm sure you'll miss visiting your liquor store by your house!

lindsey v said...

Ha ha ha! Baby Pat! I love that! Hahahaha! I can't stop laughing! HA ha ha!

Whew! That is too funny.

I am so excited for you guys to be back here too. In fact my back is hurting a little. Ha ha. Just kidding. That's not the reason I want you closer. We are excited for you to have your little one while you are living so close to family. (Pat. Ha!)

Missy said...

It's almost here, can you believe it!! I am excited for you guys! Very exciting times ahead! We feel so lucky to have lived by you two! You guys are great! I can't wait for the little one!

PS I am making devin bring an extra suitcase when he comes next week to stock up on Trader JOe's I miss that place!

Sarah said...

We are going to miss you guys so much. You are both so awesome and dependable and fabulous (and you put up with our noisy angels next door). We love you!

Manda said...

Well, I'm just a bit bitter about this. I feel like the little boy in some dog movie I saw as a child when he has to let the dog go, because he cares so much about it, and starts yelling at the dog to "GO AWAY! Get out of here! Just go!" Then he starts throwing rocks at the poor sad dog, who just wants to stay with his caring, fabulous owner cuz he's a loyal friend....is that how you feel about us? (BTW...you guys are the dog.)
So don't be surprised or hurt if we start throwing rocks at your car as you drive away from California......

Jody said...

Hope to see you guys in Dec. We are making a trip back the day after christmas. When are you heading back?

megs said...

so, i just noticed that you have my wrong blog address. So it looks like i never update my blog. But I do all the time. I just got home from Ireland a couple weeks ago and I wanted to show you all my pics, since you stood up for me when grandpa told me not to go. Well here is the real address... goblinqueenmeg.blogspot.com

I still cant wait for you guys to come home!!!

Millertime said...

Mike and I are so excited for you. Congrats on your graduation.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for you guys to move back!! We definitely need to hang out.. I miss ya!

Neff III family said...

Its about freakin' time. I must agree with your Utah plus list but you needed to add Paces. We can't wait.

Kathryn said...

all I can say is "ditto!"

anotherscrappinfool said...

How exciting! What great news for all of us who live in Utah!~Cami

Esmi said...

yeah, we have tower in our house now :) I loved utah so much, i want to come there again!

Greg and Niki said...

Hey Girl!
This is Niki, from STARS/SLCC. I don't know how I found this but I'm so glad that I did! I hope you are doing well. Tell your mom HI!!!!