Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day!

Every Memorial day we remember those men and women that have served for our country. I am so glad that I live in America. Today, Eric and I have been thinking about Eric's dad, Paul. He served in the army. I have never met Paul. He seems like he was an amazing guy, just like Eric. He liked to hike, cross country ski, run and play the guitar. He loved his family and he was a hard worker. He didn't die serving his country but he did die serving his family. He was loved by all that were around him and he is missed every day.

Here is a picture of Paul with his older brother Marvin.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome post Tag! He sounds like an amazing man!

lindsey v said...

I think about him all the time too. It's hard to imagine he would be 65. He is just forever young.

Mike-Jami-Bridger-Foster said...

He sounded like a wonderful guy! I'm glad you married such a great guy, I couldn't ask for a better brother in law!

Manda said...

Oh, what adorable little boys. I think I know what your boys will look like!

I can't imagine what it would be like to loose your father at such a young age. I'm glad Eric has such fond memories of him.

We are very grateful for his service to our country...

Rena said...

Hi, My name is Rena (McEntire) Allred. I am Erics cousin. The picture is adorable isnt it? My Dad is Marvin. I have that picture posted on my filing cabinet right next to my computer. I wish I knew Paul. My Dad sure misses him too.

Clayton & Kayley Anderson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Clayton & Kayley Anderson said...

This is such a cute picture of the two of them. There is a picture of Paul's grave on my blog if you're interested. We went up and decorated all the graves on Memorial Day and had a picnic.